Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Counting down the days to the NBA

As I write this, the NBA season is a long 35 days away from tip-off. I would like to just write a little bit about what I am looking forward to this season and my predictions on the season ending awards and who I believe will be in the finals this year.

The team I am most likely looking forward to seeing this season is Cleveland. With Shaq joining the team I really don't see who in the east other than Orlando, can keep up with the Cavs. Also joining the Cavs this off season were Jamrio Moon and Anthony Parker. Moon will bring some very good defense and also another player that gets out on the break. Parker is a very good scorer and a decent outside shooter that Cleveland can use when Lebron drives the lane and if he decides not to dunk on fools can kick it to for a three.

I am really excited to see some of the younger teams come into possible playoff pictures this year. I really think that Oklahoma City is really do well with the young roster they are putting together. Kevin Durant is the truth, Jeff Green is coming along well and Russell Westbrook has surprised me. I didn't think he would be much of an NBA guy but I guess I was wrong. I am also excited to see the new look Pistons with Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon. The Pistons also picked up Chris Wilcox which will make Kwayme Brown sit a little longer on the bench this season. I am not a Spurs fan and they are far from being a young team, but I think the trade for Richard Jefferson will revive that dude's career.

In my opinion the finals this year will see the Cleveland Cavaliers versus either the San Antonio Spurs or (hate to say it) LA Lakers. The Spurs have the same dudes each year and Popovich will have them playing well this year. They won't be slowed by Bruce Bowen due to retirement from hittin' dudes in the nuts (see you tube video vs. Michael Finley) and the addition of Jefferson will help Tony Parker and "The Big Fundamental" Tim Duncan with the scoring. Plus, they do have some nice younger guys that can play off the bench like George Hill and Matt Bonner, and picked up a great rookie in Dejuan Blair. I am not a Lakers fan and I think the addition of Ron Artest will hurt the chemistry of that team, but not as much as the loss of Trevor Ariza.

Ok, so now with the end of the season awards. Below I have listed who I believe will have the trophies at the end of the year.

MVP AND Finals MVP - Lebron James. Surprise Surprise! I think Lebron was so pissed after the season last year that this is his take over season. I think Shaq knew that too, and that is why he jumped ship so fast. Shaq wants one more ring than Kobe and Lebron will give that to him. I will never compare players because I don't think that makes sense, but if I had to Lebron would be the closest to a Magic Johnson that we will ever see again.

Rookie of the Year - Blake Griffin. Another shocker, but if he can stay healthy I really think the Clippers can do something this season. They are always hit hard by injury but if they have Blake, Marcus Camby, Baron Davis, Al Thornton and Eric Gordon...if they can keep some type of nucleus with these guys they can actually win a couple games.

Coach of the Year - Mike Brown. Boring subject...let's move on.

Defensive Player of the Year - Dwight Howard. He is the man. I'm sorry if I talk about Howard alot this season, but come on, that man is amazing. The way that he could eventually dominate with some post moves and little jump shot is scary. He is a mixture of power, speed and an unbelievable love for the game that is unmatched. Now he has Vince Carter, Matt Barnes and Brandon Bass to back him up in the front court...Magic will be good.

Most Improved Player - Kevin Love. Now people may not believe this one, but after reading some articles from the Wolve's organization Kevin Love has been working his tail off to get better. Now Minnesota has a long way to go to get into the win column and match up against other teams, but if Love can get a little game going and back up Al Jefferson's scoring...then get the young guys going like Johnny "try and catch me" Flynn, Wayne Ellington, Ryan Gomes and Ryan Hollins, they might pull out 30 some wins.

Thanks for listening and reading. If you have any suggestions or thoughts on who you think will take home some trophies hit me up. BK...OUT!

1 Comments:

At 4:56 PM , Anonymous Thomas said...

you make some good points LA Lakers are going to take it home easily

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home