Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Ricky Rubio stays in European Basketball…

September 1, 2009

I just finished reading up on the Ricky Rubio soap opera, and it sounds like the 5th pick in the NBA draft will play his “little league” ball in Europe. It said something in the article it was because Minnesota could not “buy” him away or get him out of his contract from a team in Spain. I don’t know if I really believe that or not. I know that Rubio did not want to play in Minnesota and I think that if he really wanted to join the NBA he would have made it work. It also said that Minnesota now has the rights to Rubio which means they can trade those rights to another team. Now if Rubio doesn’t come to the ‘L’ until the 2011 season that would mean that Minnesota basically has two seasons to shop him around. One place that the “Spanish Pistol Pete” wanted to play for was New York. So what do you guys think if Rubio gets his rights to the Knicks…Lebron James decides to take his Kingdom to New York…and then Chris Bosh follows? Wow. That would be nice. I know it probably won’t happen, especially if Jay Z takes the Nets to Brooklyn and, as everyone has heard, Lebron would be there in a second, but to imagine a lineup with Ricky Rubio, Lebron James, Chris Bosh and David Lee…I would take that lineup in real life or on NBA2K9. Below I have added a Rubio video for your enjoyment. In summary, I believe that Rubio is a great player. At 18 he probably has a lot to learn, and I feel that he skipping out (if he had a say in it) on going to the league right away will hurt him in the long run. But…that does give one of my favorite players Johnny Flynn pure reign on that team! And I feel weird saying it, but I feel Minnesota is about to turn it around. Good luck Kurt Rambis…you will need it! BK…out! brandon@wecoversports.com

4 Comments:

At 7:57 PM , Anonymous KEEROCK said...

Scratch this from the record...

RUBIO SIGNS WITH MINNESOTA

Sorry guys and gals...guess I should hold the trigger on somethings I say! Thanks for reading though

 
At 9:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go.............

 
At 7:04 AM , Anonymous KEEROCK said...

And now he backed out...let's just scratch this story from the record...thanks.

 
At 8:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rubio is going to be a star, he has Pistol Pete and Magic written all over him, he is still very young though and it will take sometime

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home