Thursday, August 27, 2009

PRACTICE? The AI saga… By Brandon K

August 27, 2009

First time blogger long time reader. My first topic will be the “who the heck is waiting to pick up Iverson” story. I am a huge NBA follower. Allen Iverson has been a particular fun player to watch all the way from Gtown to the Sixers to the Nuggets to the Pistons (kind of) and to the … I guess I understand why certain owners do not want to pull the trigger with the Answer, because he has been more of a question the last few seasons. In Philly he was basically allowed to reign free and to skip PRACTICE anytime he wanted. If you out there don’t know why I am capitalizing practice, YouTube the video sometime and see what I mean. Larry Brown for some reason was able to bring Iverson on board with what he was trying to do, and guess what; he got the Sixers to the finals. Iverson stepping over T. Lue in the corner after a three…priceless. After Iverson was traded to the Nuggets for (basically) Andre Miller; which being a Denver fan was a wrong move, but that’s another story. He didn’t work out too well there because in my opinion he just didn’t fit the system. Denver is not a one on one team, unless you are Carmelo, and it just didn’t fit his style. Then he was sent to Detroit for B B B B Billups, which again being a Denver fan was an awesome move! I don’t know if Iverson looked more weird in the “slow down and throw it in the post” offense or just in the Pistons uniform in general. Joe Dumars took a gamble on someone that didn’t even travel for the last couple games thinking that he could change him. Iverson will not change people, I don’t care who you are. But, I do think that there are some teams that should take a chance on him. The latest news is that Memphis has made an offer, and at this posting has not been accepted yet. WHAT!?! I do not see that happening at all. How do you bring in someone like Iverson to a team that has a great nucleus in the back court with Mike Connelly Jr. and OJ “don’t call me Simpson” Mayo? I just think that is a wrong move, but does anyone remember when Memphis made a great move? In my opinion there are two teams that would be a fit for Mr. Iverson. New York. They need someone to push the tempo that D’Antoni wants to run. Also, if the Knicks can get David Lee to resign and get Nate Robinson, Wilson Chandler and Al Harrington to get on board they could be a sold team in the East. And let’s face it; you don’t need too much to be a solid team in the East anymore. Again, Denver fan. The only other team that I can see taking Iverson would be Charlotte. There are two words why I would say that…Larry Brown. That man has some kind of hold on Iverson, kind of like the good old’ days with Dennis Rodman and Phil Jackson. I have written enough for today and hope that you didn’t get bored with this. Please comment and let me know what you think. Thanks for listening and have a great rest of the day.
BK OUT… brandon@wecoversports.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home