Friday, August 28, 2009

Why Brock Lesnar is STILL the man! By Brandon K.

August 28, 2009

I have seen Brock Lesnar since day one. I remember sitting in front of my buddy’s television watching Wrestle mania X8 (because my mom wouldn’t let me get it) and seeing Lesnar rush through the crowd and attack Al Snow, Spike Dudley and Maven turning normally “bad dudes” by WWE standards into pudding pops. I remember saying out loud, “Who the hell is that guy?” From that point on I tuned in each Monday night to watch and see who was next to be ran over by this giant with the huge back tattoo. And by the way, how many times did he have to go back to get that thing done? Then finally becoming the youngest WWE champion every. I know, I know, it’s all staged yes, but to be the “head guy” of a franchise at the age of 25 is pretty impressive in itself. After he won the title and started to get a big head and thinking no one would “beat him,” the owner of the WWE Vince McMahon decided to turn him into a bad guy. Once he did that and beat up on a few wimpy guys, fans including myself, started to shy away from him because of his attitude and the way he was acting in and out of the ring. I did grow up liking other wrestlers like the Ultimate Warrior, the Legion of Doom and the Undertaker, so when he started saying he was the best, the 12 year old “hey you can’t say that to my idols” came out. I think that is how a lot of people felt too. Then the biggest insult to wrestling fans, Brock leaves at the peak of his career to try the NFL. That lasted about 20 minutes…and Lesnar was found without pay. I heard him say on a television program that the reason he quit was because of all the pain and “crap” he had to deal with in the WWE. But instead of sitting on his hands and trying football over and over again (ala Brett Favre), he decided to do what he does best…beat people up. I don’t mean like Hulk Hogan doing a fake leg drop to a man’s chest, but the real sh#!...Ultimate Fighting! When I heard that Brock Lesnar was going to fight MMA I was pumped! I really didn’t think anyone in their right mind would come close to matching up with that man child! His first match against Min-Soo Kim (video below), he looked so dominate but he did fight Min-Soo Kim who to me looked like he wet through three pairs of tights before he came out to fight. His second match, first in the UFC, Frank “pretty boy” Mir made him submit with a knee bar. Lesnar under estimated Mir and if he would have been less psyched up and more reserved, he would be undefeated. He did get Mir back though in July 2009 and made him look like a kid in the play ground that didn’t want anything from the bully. After that fight, Brock went on a little bit of a “babyish” rant, flipping the crowd off and even telling the Bud Light sponsor that he was going to “Go home and have a nice cold Coor’s Light, because Bud Light didn’t want to pay” him. Wow.

So to sum everything up on how I feel about Mr. Lesnar…he is awesome! I don’t care how cocky or arrogant he is. He is THEE dominant force in the UFC and he would be a dominant force in any type of fighting, with gloves or without, that he chose to do. I don’t think that anyone in this world can beat him from here on out. There is no little chump that got lucky against Kimbo Slice out there or no dominant force like Fedor Emelianenko that can stand toe to toe with Lesnar. Please feel free to speak your mind on this, but I am sure that anyone that steps in his way would be smashed to the ground like a finished cigarette. Truth… BK OUT…

brandon@wecoversports.com


Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lesnar is a punk and baby. hope he gets beat the bleeeeep down!

 
At 2:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So tell me who will EVER beat him?? I am interested to know....

 
At 5:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

real talk Brock Lesnar will lose to Fedor

 
At 8:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

u serious? Lesnar is the man

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home