Sunday, February 17, 2008

URI Gymnastics

University of Rhode Island Gymnastics team came out on fire at their first home meet and defeated Brown Unveristy 189.850-183.550. Your probably wondering why I am writing about gymnastics let alone URI gymnastics. Well the big news out of URI is they are replacing gymnastics with womens lacrosse. Its effect start of next season. Being a member of the media and shooting college gymnastic events I can't go into my full thoughts or tell you what to do, but I do recommend checking out the tips I give below to learn more about it.

One thing I have really noticed in shooting gymnastics the past couple of years is how close all the girls are and how much support they give each other. It really is a close knit community and I am glad to be able to shoot gymnastic meets every year.

Where can you learn more? The first place you can learn more is on facebook. The facebook group "Save URI Gymnastics" is the best to check out. The link is http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10180038645 Don't have a facebook account? Get one!!! Read about the group it will tell you everything you need to know.

Next thing I suggest is go to a meet!!! I wish I lived a little closer to Rhode Island to cover a meet, but Nebraska is far away! :) If you live in the area, I really suggest going and checking out the team.

What if you can't make a meet, then show your support and buy a gymnastics t-shirt. I contacted the URI bookstore and you can't buy the t-shirts online but you can order one by calling 401-874-2722, they only have sizes L and XL at this time.

I wish the URI gymnastics team the best of luck the rest of the season. You guys are an inspiration to a lot of people and stick together like I know you will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home