Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Legend


Before Colorado State's final game of the season vs Wyoming Coach Sonny Lubick was asked to stepped down. He said no and that he wan't going to quit on his team. He wanted another year to turn around the football program. Well yesterday it was official, Coach Lubick is no longer the head coach of CSU. This is a sad day for all CSU Rams fans. He is an amazing coach, he was at CSU for 15 years and turned that program into what it is today. I don't think its fair they are basically forcing him out. For everything he has done for that program he should be allowed to stay for as long as he wants. CSU will not be same without him.

Sure the last four years has been rough, but look at Joe Paterno, they were wanting him to step down and he didn't. Penn State is back on the college football map with a couple of seasons in the top 25. Coach Lubick is a person that was well respected by his players, coaches, fans, and city of Fort Collins. Growing up I wasn't a big CSU guy. But when I lived out in Denver a few years ago, I became a big CSU fan and jumped on the band wagon. I make it to at least one game a year to show my support. Coach Lubick, you will be missed by everyone.

My final thought is of the Redskins Sean Taylor. As you probably have heard he has passed away from being shot. This was a cowardly act and I hope they find the person who did this. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and all of Redskins fans. As a Broncos fan, we lost two of our own over the off-season. I know how you feel Redskins fans, one of our own was gunned down as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home