Monday, October 29, 2007

Band Wagon and Hawaii by Bobby Ericson

People that know me know my baseball team is the Colorado Rockies. I didn't just jump on the band wagon this year, I have been a fan for a long time. What I don't get is how people that just starting slurping up the Red Sox can try and give me so much crap. Last week when we knew it was going to be Boston vs Colorado I had alot of friends who starting raising hell with me about it, saying how they were Red Sox. I couldn't beleive, people i've known for over a year are now telling me how good the Sox are. Whats even funnier I asked two of them to name 5 Sox players and they couldn't! How do you call yourself a fan?

I can understand you root for the Sox in big games. But I don't understand if your just jumping on the band wagon why your going to start stuff with a loyal Rockies fan who has supported them through bad and now good? If you just jumped on the band wagon you better watch who you start stuff with, I just think its funny when you can't name me 5 players and I can name almost the full roster.

This leads me into my next topic Hawaii. Yes I just jumped on their band wagon but you don't see me talking crap to the top teams fans. I hope Hawaii can play a LSU or Oklahoma in a BCS bowl game. If that was to happen I wouldn't talk any trash to their fans because I just jumped on their band wagon. I would just be hoping they win and keep my mouth shut win or lose.

I got crap for saying how good Hawaii was my last blog. They are really good team especially at home. There two close games was on the road and in rain. You take any team to their home field and Hawaii would hang in there and I might even take them to win. Colt is a great QB that understands Hawaii's system.


I can handle trash talking but not by people that just jumped on the band wagon of a team. Its ok if you jump on it but don't talk trash to loyal fans.

Want to email me? bobby@wecoversports.com

3 Comments:

At 12:45 AM , Blogger Ericson's Photography said...

Yeah for some reason there are a ton of bandwagon Rockies fans this year along with the ever popular bandwagon Red Sox fans who only like the them because they think that its not band wagoning since they didn't win a world series for 86 years. Now I'm a die hard Dodgers fan when it comes to baseball and I don't care if they get Torre or A-Rod or whoever because I'm still going to love the team either way.

 
At 10:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you could name 5 players on your team CJ :)

 
At 8:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home