Sunday, October 14, 2007

College Football by Bobby Ericson


If your not a fan of college football you need to be. In fact how could you not be? I can't recall another year where it seems like everyweek the top team or two get beat. What does that mean? Look out Ohio State! Looks like they will be next to lose, but don't count on it quite yet. Doesn't this crazyness have to end at some point? Who knows, all I know is i've really enjoyed this football season. I think one thing that makes college football even better is how smaller teams now can compete with the big boys. Now when it comes to college football I really enjoy just watching the game, I cheer for several teams any given week.




I live in Lincoln, so you know what the mood is like around here. Everyone is calling for Callahan to get fired here in Lincoln. I live and breathe Denver Broncos football and the people that live here live and breathe Nebraska football. I understand where they are coming from. I actually wouldn't mind seeing the coach get fired. He shows no emotions and I don't think he cares about what Nebraska football is about and what it means to this state. Alot of people around here want to get back to option style football, but I don't think running just that style will work anymore. Defenders have gotten bigger and stronger and if that is your heart and soul of your team, then I think your in for a long season. What Nebraska needs is a coach that has Nebraska ties. By either playing here or coaching here before. Someone that understands what Nebraska football is.




With all the upsets this year you still have your cinderella teams. Right now that is South Florida. How can you not be cheering for these guys. I know Boston College is saying what about us, but you have been there before and USF hasn't. The other team I want to mention is Hawaii. This is a fun team to watch. Now I know they struggled against Lousiana Tech and just this past game against San Jose, but there problem is they play down to competition. Both those games were on the road and they should have easily won. I got to see Hawaii in person this year against UNLV. Half the crowd was wearing green and Hawaii played very good. I think Colt Brennan is a great QB. His only problem is he seems to get injured. He is still very dangerous hurt or healthy. I would like to see Hawaii play in a BCS game, like Boise State last year. I think they could hang with the bigger programs. For them to make a BCS game they will have to beat Boise State, which I predict they will. Above is a picture I took of Colt at the UNLV game.


My last thought is the Rockies. As I am writing this they are playing in game 3 of the NLCS. They are ahead 1 to 0 in the 3rd inning. What an amazing run and makes for an amazing story. If this was an east coast team I think everyone would be talking Rockies, but since it is the Rockies there just isn't much chatter about it. Go Rockies!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home