Saturday, February 02, 2008

Super Bowl XLII

After two weeks of thinking about this game and if it is going to be close or not, I have finally come up with my prediction. New England Patriots 41 New York Giants 27. At first I was really thinking that the game would be closer, maybe a once score game with the Patriots still winning but my thoughts changed this weekend. After all the new speculation of spygate and the possibilities that the Patriots cheated when they first won a Super Bowl under Belichick when they beat the Rams in 2001; I have changed my mind and really think the game won't be as close as I had first thought. I think the recent news of the Patriots cheating is going to give the entire team a bit of a boost, even though I can't think of either team needing one because they are playing in the biggest game of thier lives. Either way though, I really think the spygate allegations is going to bolster the Patriots just like it did after week one when they were first charged. Also, this is Tom Brady's 4th Super Bowl, and he already has 3 Super Bowl MVP Trophy's, so he's been on this stage before and has performed great, so we can rule out any Super Bowl jitters. On the other end, there's Eli Manning. Now he has ben playing great throughout the playoffs and most of all, he is controlling the ball and the pace of the offense which has been a big issue for Eli in past seasons and playoffs. After winning 3 straight road games in the playoffs, the last being at Green Bay, and having played the Patriots really tough in week 16 (lost 38-35) I really believed the Giants would make this a close game until now. Not to say that 41-27 is bad but I just don't see the Giants coming within single digits of the Patriots, just because most of the Giants have never even played in the Super Bowl and Eli Manning hasn't played in a game this big in his entire life. Either way, the Giants are a fabulous team with extreme talent everywhere on both sides of the ball. They have the best pass rush, a dominating running game with Jacobs and Bradshaw and very talented wide recievers and linebackers. Now we all know the Patriots are amazing everywhere on both sides of the ball as well but I do think the Giants have more strength at the linebacker and running positions. In a nut shell, I think the the game will be close in the first half, with the Patriots getting an early lead, a close third quarter, then the Patriots pulling away in the 4th. I want to see the Patriots win, but I also want to see Eli and the Giants pull off what could be the greatest upset ever. NE 41 NYG 27.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

no way it will be much closer. in fact giants will win.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home