Friday, December 07, 2007

Sometimes I even stop thinking about sports.

Before I get into what I really want to write about I thought with the heisman presentation tomorrow, I thought it was about time to slurp a little more Colt Brennan. A couple months back I saw Colt in person and put in this blog that he was amazing and I thought Hawaii could win out. Well they did! I am dissappointed they struggled with Washington, because if they would have won BIG over Washington I think they would have a case to play for all the marbles. Now after the season is over and if they beat Georgia I will be crying for a play off cause I would love to see them try and win the National Championship. If they lose to Georgia it was still a great season and I am happy I got to see Colt play this year.

I would love to keep talking sports and going off about sports, but this week sports has taken a backseat a couple of days this week. Monday I watched Sean Taylor’s funeral and to hear everyone speak and to see the video tribute it really makes you realize that athletes are human too. I am in my 20’s and I still look up to a lot of athletes and often times you forget how human they are. But to see the human side of Sean Taylors family, friends and teammates really makes you stop thinking about sports for the time being. I even got a little emotional Monday watching the funeral, the video tribute they showed was just amazing. One thing that I think helps people to move on is sports. The Redskins played last night and won, which I am happy for them.

The other thing that happened this week was in Omaha. A guy went to the Von Maur at Westroads Mall and opened fire and shot eight people and then killed himself. I live just 50 miles from Omaha and have been to that mall several times. For something like this to happen just really puts a little fear into you and makes you greatful for the things in your life. I usually watch sports everynight, but Wednesday night I was glued to my TV watching all the reports on what happened. Why someone would go and do this sort of thing I have no clue. We will probably never find out why this happened or what exactly set him off to do it. Its just a really sad story in a good city. Omaha may never be the same, but trust me, its still a city with good people in it. --- Bobby bobby@wecoversports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home